Xiaomi recently launched Redmi 6A #DeshKaNayaSmartphone, the successor of Redmi 5A, which was launched previous year. It is the first ever budget smartphone which is launched with Xiaomi exclusive MediaTek Helio A22, 12 nm processor. The Redmi 6A comes with many new upgrades. Let’s discuss them and compare the two devices.
Redmi 6A features 5.45″ FHD Display with an aspect ratio of 18:9 and powered by MediaTek Helio A22, an12nm octa-core processor with up to 2.0GHz clock speed. Better power efficiency, better thermal performance, and of course better overall SoC performance. Redmi 5A has 5″ display with 16:9 aspect ratio with Resolution ( 720*1280 ) Pixels. Both the device support multi-touch.
About MediaTek Helio A22
MediaTek Helio A22 provides a highly capable mainstream smartphone platform that uses an ultra-efficient 12nm fabrication process. It pairs a quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz with an IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU.
- Ultra-low power sensor hub avoids the main CPU complex to provide significant power savings. It is ideal for apps that require always-on sensor readings such as pedometers or vocal-triggers.
- Twin ISP can capture professional-grade photos with Depth of Field (Bokeh) effects through AI-enhanced assistance.
- The MediaTek Imagiq camera system enables incredible low-light performance, with multi-frame noise reduction and a clear-image zoom technology. It can automatically minimize aliasing, grain, and provides defect/distortion correction techniques. 3A includes
- MediaTek’s Instant Auto Exposure (AE) anti-over exposure hardware with accurate point focusing.
- MediaTek’s 4G LTE WorldMode modem brings Dual VoLTE SIM support with advanced IMS (VoLTE/ViLTE/WFC), HPUE, eMBMS, Band 71 support and performance at Cat-7/13 (DL/ UL) 4G LTE speeds.
- Smart Antenna’ technology (TAS 2.0): It automatically detects and chooses the ideal best antenna to use, no matter how or where you hold it, or which direction you face. TAS 2.0 optimizes the signal for quality and connection reliability. With less signal boosting required, you reduce power usage, conserving power and bettering battery life.
Back To Comparison and Redmi 6A Specifications
Redmi 5A loaded with Snapdragon 425 ( Quad-core) clocked at 1.4 GHz, which scored 31000 points in Antutu Benchmark. Redmi 6A is powered by Helio A22 (Quad core) clocked at 2.0 GHz, which scored 55399 points. It is a great improvement in performance. The Redmi 5A has Adreno 308 GPU whereas the new Redmi 6A is having IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU, which gives a better gaming experience than its predecessor.
Redmi 5A has Plastic Body while the Redmi 6A is made up with Polycarbonate body which makes it more durable. To run the smartphone it is equipped with a non-removable 3000mAh battery which gives you a decent backup. The Redmi 6A gives more battery backup as compared and Redmi 6A is available in 2GB+16GB & 2GB+32GB with expandable up to 256 GB.
The Redmi 6A and Redmi 5A both have dedicated slot for SD card. The dimensions are nearly the same. But there is a slight increase in weight in Redmi 6A by 13.5 g. The Redmi 6A comes with smarter, faster unlock capabilities.
Simply lift and glance at the phone to unlock instantly. The phone sports 13MP rear camera with PDAF high-speed focusing instantly locks onto subjects, even in motion. Take selfies using the front-facing camera with portrait mode + Beautify and get stunning results every time.
The Redmi 5A was launched with Nougat and is currently running on MIUI 9.6 whereas the Redmi 6A is launched with MIUI 9 based on Android Oreo 8.1. In Redmi 5A, you can set only 1 SIM to 4G whereas other SIM remains on 3G/2G. It supports Bluetooth v4.1. Whereas the Redmi 6A supports Dual 4G voLTE & Bluetooth v4.2. Both the device support WiFi 801.11 and OTG
In my view, being the successor of Redmi 5A, it fulfills many expectations which, offering a competent budget smartphone experience. However, there have been compromises done with the specification to bring this smartphone under the budget of every person. It’s smooth enough with the basics, and provided you don’t run too many apps on the phone simultaneously as in result you might find difficult to handle your smartphone.
Redmi 6A vs Redmi 5A
|Redmi 5A||Redmi 6A|
|Processor||Snapdragon 425||MediaTek Helio A22|
|GPU||Adreno 308||IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU|
|Dimensions & Build||140.4 x 70.1 x 8.4 mm|
|148.5 x 71.5 x 8.3 mm|
|Weight||137 g||145 g|
|Display||5″ (measured diagonally)|
1281 x 720 resolution
|5.45″ (measured diagonally)|
295 PPI, 1000:1 contrast（typ）
|Storage & RAM||2GB+16GB|
|OS||MIUI 9 (Android Nougat)||MIUI 9 (Android Oreo)|
|Network & Connectivity||4G/3G/2G|
|Dual 4G voLTE|
Bluetooth – v4.2
|Battery capacity||3000 mAh||3000 mAh|
Reasons to choose Redmi 5A:
- Low cost
- Snapdragon processor
Reasons to choose Redmi 6A:
- AI portrait mode
- Android Oreo
- Good-looking and easy to handle
- Excellent battery life
- Reasonable performance for the price
- Too many ads
- The price will rise after the introductory offer
So which device you prefer.
What do you think about the new smartphone…Let Us Know in Comments.
For more information and latest news stay tuned with us.