VPN: What is VPN? Why you should use them? and many other questions you might have. We are here to give you information in simple words about VPN and how you can save your data from being stolen or seen by someone.
What is Virtual Private Network (VPN)?
A virtual private network, across a public or shared network and acts as a private tunnel so you can exchange data securely and anonymously across the internet as if you were connected directly to a private network.
In simple words, connecting to a VPN server encrypts all of your Internet traffic. That means nobody, not even your ISP can have a look at what you are doing online. At the same time, VPN hides your IP address. It basically keeps your web browsing secure and private over public Wi-Fi hotspots. Also, help you evade government censorship restrictions—though that last one is especially tricky.
When you are at home, at a coffee shop, or while traveling, and connected to ISP without VPN you are connected to a public or shared network through your Internet Service Provider. ISP can see what information you’re accessing, they can control the content you have access to by blocking and censoring websites.
Virtually anyone with the tools and know-how, including governments and businesses, can see what you’re doing, track when you do it, and where you do it from.
What’s worse is hackers and cybercriminals can steal your personal information — such as credit cards, bank account numbers, passwords, and other personal data you don’t want out in the open — to commit fraud.
Why do I need a VPN?
Hide your IP address
Connecting to a Virtual Private Network conceals your real IP address. It protects from your ISP and hackers who can easily track which websites you visiting or using apps by your IP address.
Encrypt data transfers
When you are not using VPN then your browsing history, app data, websites you visited all are visible to your ISP and potential hacker which they can use for their own benefits.
Hackers can use your own data to do phishing attack, ransomware attacks or some other money mining which can bring trouble for you. With a VPN your data is sent in encrypted form from source to destination and cannot be seen by anyone.
As your IP address is not hidden and with the help of it, your location can be identified. Maybe it is not a big deal for you but your privacy is lost. With a Virtual Private Network, users can choose the country of origin for their Internet connection.
Access blocked websites
Many websites are closed by ISP and government as they violate some rules or them or some other reason. By using a VPN, you can access website blocked by governments and ISP. But there is a certain limit up to which you can access websites restricted by the government. That’s obvious that they do not want you to enter a site where confidential data is kept.
Use Public HotSpots Securely
Many of the people keep traveling and connect to public WiFI over a restaurant, Hotel, Airports, railways etc..
Do you know that over those networks your data is not secure?. Suppose you are making a payment and that information is being stolen as you are not sending the data in encrypted form. Then you will have a major loss.
To protect you from such situations, VPN helps you to transfer your data securely over a public hotspot. No one can track down your history, data, etc to harm you.
VPN cannot help you in
- VPN is not related to or an anti-virus as it does not protect you from such threats, malware etc.
- Using a virtual private network does not provide you with access to other user’s locally stored files.
- There are no such things as free VPNs.
How to Choose Best VPN
There are a lot of VPN providers who are ready to provide you a VPN for free. But wait!! Nothing is provided free ever and they generally come with a trial period for n number of days. It is possible that they do not provide you the full features of VPN under trial version. Below are the points you should consider before purchasing one:
- Trial with Full Features: If you want to go for a VPN, then you must use its trial version before purchasing and check out the features listed are provided by them or not. If there are no such features in the trial version we won’t suggest you go for such VPN.
- Support Availability: The VPN you chose, the one factor you must consider is supporting. As if during the use of it you faced any critical situation where your VPN stopped working then reaching support is the way out for it.
- VPN Server availability: For hiding your location you need a VPN and it is necessary that VPN provider has their server spread globally to provide the best service.
- Speed: Make sure VPN does not decrease your internet speed.
- VPN for different platforms: It depends on VPN provider to what extent they are providing their service. Choose a VPN which are available for multi-platform from a single account and does not charge extra.
- No Logs: Check VPN providers does not keep logs of your activity.
- Refund Policy: A must feature, in case it does not fulfill your requirements or up to the mark.
As per the listed conditions above, we came across one VPN which provides all those services named Express VPN. It is tested and was accurate as much possible in terms of maintaining the same speed, no logs, providing support on time etc.
ExpressVPN is a lightning fast, log-free VPN proxy service. With just a few taps, you can browse the internet securely and anonymously.
Access the entire internet–download ExpressVPN today and try it for 7 days!
ExpressVPN provides 145+ connection locations in 94 countries. There are no limits on server switches, so you can change locations as many times as you want to suit your needs.
When it comes to internet safety and security, ExpressVPN is an essential tool. It encrypts your connection so that third parties can’t follow your online activity, making it more secure than a typical proxy.
Why choose ExpressVPN?
- Easy to download and use across your Android devices
- 100s of VPN Locations across the Americas, UK, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa
- 24-hour customer support live chat and email
- Strict no-logging policy
- Works with Wi-Fi, LTE/4G, 3G and all mobile data carriers
- Offers encryption with UDP and TCP protocols
Download ExpressVPN, the world’s fastest secure virtual private network, and enjoy a free trial!
For more information, the latest news and updates stay tuned with us.