Xiaomi Mi 5 was launched in three variants according to which the first model will have 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, second model will have 3GB RAM with 64GB internal storage and the last but not the least, with more 1GB RAM size than other two models, last model which is Mi 5 pro variant is having 4GB RAM with 128GB internal storage.
Mi 5 is powered by the latest more powerful processor which is Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 along with Adreno 530 GPU for best graphic performance and multi tasking at ease. It features a 5.15-inch full-HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) display with curved 3D Ceramic glass.
Mi 5 runs Xiaomi’s MIUI 7 interface on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and comes with weekly software updates as it is a Live OS. It’s the Xiaomi’s first phone which is loaded with Xiaomi’s Mi Video Calling app, a new cross platform video chat app that features live video effects and multitasking modes. It has other connectivity also which includes USB Type-C port. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/ac, 4G, Bluetooth 4.2, Glonass, and NFC.
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Update Highlights
- New improved layout for toggles in the Notification shade
- Get full control over automated tasks
- rand new system sounds and ringtones
MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM Full Changelog
- Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications (11-18)
- New – UI adjustments for toggles(12-15)
- New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade (12-15)
- Optimization – Lock screen PINlayout (11-15)
- Optimization – Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards (12-01)
- Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode (12-13)
- Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications (10-25)
- Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time (11-07)
- Fix – Notification shade issues(11-15)
- Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes (11-15)
- Fix – The first notification couldn’t be removed by a swipe (11-29)
- Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes (12-06)
- New – Home screen settings added to the Settings (11-22)
- Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light backgrounds (10-11)
- Fix – Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher (11-14)
- New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play (11-02)
- For flashing the Fastboot ROM you need to download the MiFlash tool. You can download the flash tool from Here
- Also you need to unlock your device if you are flashing the Fastboot ROM
- Please go to “Updater” and choose full package zip file to upgrade. If you are updating from other ROMs, please don’t forget to back up and wipe all data before flashing to avoid data conflicts. Use Clean All option in the new Mi Flash Beta Tool while flashing to perform a full wipe and fresh install.
Bug reporting- Report Bugs when encountered
- Report bugs to its corrected category
- Screen shot and Bug log are needed!
- Connect to a Wi-Fi Network (WiFi is recommended since size is more than 1.5GB)
Go to tools folder
Press on Check for update*
Download the update and reboot the device.
Update via Recovery or Fastboot (Only for advanced users)
1) Download MIUI 8.1 Global Stable V220.127.116.11 for Redmi Note 4.
2) How to unlock your phone: http://en.miui.com/unlock/
Download MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM v8.2.1 for Xiaomi MI 5
For more information and latest news stay tuned with Fonetimes.