JioMeet a Made in India video-conferencing application launched by Reliance. Although it is a beta release available for all without any cost right now. In the market, there are other products available too like Webex, GoToMeeting, Lifesize, Zoom, etc for video conferencing.
The company is approaching and using the same old mechanism which they used when Jio sim came out and that is by providing it for free.
Why Free? Is there any hidden cost involved?
Yes, there is a hidden cost. Once you are used to this app and the app is fully developed and published then they are going to charge you for using it.
But where is the hidden cost?
It is your feedback and data, you do not have to spend money right now but your data and feedback will help the Reliance to improve the application. Once they become pro and join others in terms of stability and features then you will have the option to subscribe to plans. Yet, I believe there will be a free plan too at that time. So you do not need to get disappointed and not to worry about plans as it is gonna take some more time. Even then when plans come out you still can have a free account as per our research.
WEB SUPPORT: Click on JioMeet invite link and join from your browser (Chrome/Firefox) without downloading the application.
B2B CALLS: Conduct meetings with your customers, partners, and people outside your office.
JOIN FROM ANY DEVICE: Join from laptop/desktop or mobile device or even your legacy video device thus offering you investment protection. Supports the legacy conferencing devices
HAVE INSTANT/SCHEDULED MEETINGS: Get on a quick unscheduled call with intended participants on the fly or schedule a meeting at a predefined time
What are the features of the free account?
JioMeet is made in India free video-conferencing application. It can be used for 1:1 video calls and hosting meetings with up to 100 participants with enterprise-grade host controls.
- Meeting in HD Audio and Video quality
- Create instant meeting and start inviting friends
- Schedule a meeting in advance and share meeting details with invitees
- Active Speaker view layout
- Unlimited Meetings per day
- Each meeting can go uninterrupted up to 24hrs
- Each meeting is password protected
- Host can enable ‘Waiting Room’ to ensure no participant joins without permission
- Create Groups and start calling/chatting on single click
- Share Screen and start collaborating
- Use ‘Safe Driving Mode’ while driving
- Multi-device login support up to 5 devices
- Seamlessly switch from one device to another while on a call
- Easy sign up with Mobile number/Email ID. We only support Indian mobile numbers.
Looking for more applications like this? Go To: Top Free Video Conferencing Apps for Android and iOS
How to create an account on JioMeet?
You can click here to signup for JioMeet. Otherwise, you can download the application and do the below mentioned.
- On the home screen, click on Sign Up > enter your name and email/ mobile number > agree to the company’s terms and conditions and tap Done.
- Then either register with mobile number or using the email address. Verify it by entering the OTP
TIPS: If you are experiencing issues using your microphone, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure the microphone is not on mute. If you see the muted Audio icon in the below-left panel, tap it to unmute yourself.
- Inform the host to unmute you if you are still on mute.
- Try using earphones with a microphone.
- Ensure JioMeet has access to your device microphone.
- iOS: Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and switch on the toggle for JioMeet.
- Android: Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions > Microphone and switch on the toggle for JioMeet.
- Ensure that no other applications are using the microphone at the same time.
- iOS: Double-tap the “Home” button to view apps currently running. Swipe up to close an app.
- Android: Tap the multi-task button (the square icon usually in the bottom-right corner) to view apps currently running. Swipe left or right to close an app.
- Restart your device
System Requirements to Use JioMeet
- Android – OS version 5.0 and above, min. 2GB RAM.
- iOS – OS version 9 and above, min. 1 GB RAM.
- Mac – OS version 10.13 and above, min. 2GB RAM.
- Windows – Windows 10 with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (x86 and x64) and above, min 4GB RAM
So, this was about JioMeet and you can start using it now. if you have any queries then mention in the comments and discuss it with other users in the comment section.
For more information, the latest news and updates stay tuned to us.
Do not forget to Rate