All new Redmi 5A Rose Gold variant is now available in India and is officially shared on Twitter. Earlier it was available only in Grey and Gold variants. As the new variant is now available in India, there is no change in the price of the smartphone. As promised/announced by Xiaomi that Rs 1,000 will be less for Redmi 5A until it reaches 5 million customers.
— Redmi India (@RedmiIndia) January 31, 2018
The Xiaomi Redmi 5A is having beautiful fully-laminated 5” HD display. Redmi 5A is powered by Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 425, 64-bit Quad-core processor clocked at 1.44Ghz. It has been built on the latest process technology to cope with the high intensive tasks and at the same time being gentle on battery. Adreno™ 308 graphics ensure the smoothness overall.
Redmi 5A comes in two variants of which one is having 2 GB RAM and 16GB Storage with the above-mentioned processor and the second variant is of 3GB RAM and 32GB Storage with rest of the same specification. You can even expand your storage needs using microSD card up to 128GB on hybrid SIM slot.
It runs on MIUI 9 based on Android Marshmallow and loaded with a 13MP rear camera having a 5-element lens, a ƒ/2.2 aperture with Single LED flash. Built-in features like Low light enhancement, HDR, Panorama, Burst mode, Face recognition, Real-time filters will take care of all your extra embellishments. While its front facing is a 5MP, supporting Selfie countdown, Face recognition, selfie shoots to help you put your best forward.
Must Read Article: Xiaomi Redmi 5A Review
Redmi 5A is packed with Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity. Redmi 5A comes packed with IR blaster which makes it universal remote for hundreds of brands and thousands of models of TVs, air conditioners, set-up boxes, including the most popular Indian devices. Xiaomi Redmi 5A is a dual-SIM smartphone supporting Dual Standby and VoLTE. It comes with 3000 mAh Non-removable battery with 08 days of standby.
- 12.7cm (5 inches) HD display
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 425, 64-bit quad-core processor
- 13MP rear camera with fast focusing PDAF, 5-element lens & ƒ/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front camera with ƒ/2.0 large aperture
- Available in 2GB + 16GB & 3GB + 32GB variants
- Adreno 308 500MHz GPU
- 3000mAh battery, up to 8-days standby time
- Dual SIM + Dual Standby, 4G with VoLTE supported
- Dedicated microSD slot, expandable up to 128GB
- IR Blaster
- Pre-loaded with MIUI 9 out of the box
As per the record, Redmi 5A sold 1 Million unit has been already sold. As the smartphone is also available on Flipkart they are offering an extra 5 percent off with Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card. Jio customers can also avail Rs 1000 cashback after a year if they make Rs 198 monthly recharges for 12 months on the Redmi 5A.
The base model with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage will be available at Rs 4,999 while the 3GB + 32GB options will be at Rs 6,999.
Redmi 5A – Jio Offer Terms & Conditions
- Xiaomi DeshKaSmartphone customers shall get ₹1000 Cashback after 12 months of continuous recharge with ₹199/- Plan. Recharge to start immediately after activation of the device.
- ₹199/- Plan will give customers Unlimited Data [28GB 4G Data at High speed, 1GB daily limit], Unlimited Voice calls [Local/STD/Roaming], Unlimited SMS, 28 days validity.
- Customer will get Cashback vouchers worth ₹1000 in the form of 10 vouchers of ₹100 denomination immediately at the end of 12 months.
- Cashback vouchers will be credited to the customer’s account and will be visible under My Vouchers in MyJio app.
- These vouchers can be redeemed, one at a time, against recharges of ₹309 & above plans and against ₹201 & above data add-ons, via MyJio app before 30th Nov 2019.
- Scheme Validity: Phones sold & 1st recharge done from 5th Dec 2017 to 30th Nov 2018.
- This special ₹199 plan will be available for the customer’s first 12 months only.