Redmi Note 4 sale was started on 24th Jan, 12am onwards and in almost 250000 handsets were sold by Flipkart. Most of the people are about to receive the handsets and going to experience a whole new Redmi Note version. But before you proceed there are few major improvements that are done in the new MIUI which you need to download and upgrade your handset OS.
- Improved system stability
- Enhance camera output
You can update the Redmi Note 4 via below mentioned methods and install the update:
Update from the Updater app
- Connect to a Wi-Fi Network (WiFi is recommended since size is 1.4gb)
- Go to tools folder
- Select Updater
- Press on Check for update*
- Download the update and reboot the device.
*If you see No updates available, don’t worry you should get the update shortly.
Updating your device via OTA zip
- Download the OTA ZIP Click here to download
- Connect your device to Windows PC
- Copy the downloaded OTA zip file
- Paste it to root directory of your device’s Internal Storage .
- Unplug the device from PC
- Open Tools folder from homescreen and select Updater App
- Click on the menu button on top right, the ” three dots button “
- Click “Choose Update package “
- Browse to the OTA ZIP which you copied to your internal storage.
- It will then ask to reboot to Flash Update the Rom.
Update via Recovery or Fastboot (Only for advanced users)
1) Download MIUI 8.1 Global Stable V22.214.171.124 for Redmi Note 4.
2) How to unlock your Redmi Note 4: http://en.miui.com/unlock/