WhatsApp launched its Android beta program on Google’s Play Store for making it easier for early adopters to test the latest pre-release builds of the mobile messaging service.
They have released the Beta version so that it gets easier for the developers to identify the upcoming problems and the other developers who opted in to join the beta testing can also help to make it better for the upcoming devices and OS. The testers will get the updates from the WhatsApp and then the other process will go on.
If you are not a Tester than you can become by clicking here
Must Read: How to Join WhatsApp Beta Program
How to opt out of WhatsApp Beta Program
If you already have the WhatsApp Messenger app installed on your device, you’ll get an update with the testing version shortly. If you don’t have the WhatsApp Messenger app installed, download it now first, then you’ll get an update with the testing version. It can take a few hours for the update to arrive.
Leave the testing program
If you’ve had troubles with the beta version of WhatsApp on Android, you can back to the more stable one available to the general public.
Leave WhatsApp beta using a Web browser:
Click on the button below
- After clicking, you will be redirected to the leaving page of WhatsApp Beta program
- Log in to the Google account that you use on your Android device.
- The page will hold button “Leave the testing program”. If it doesn’t, you aren’t part of the beta already.
- Use the button “Leave the program”, and click it.
- The next page will say “You left the test”.
- Uninstall the current WhatsApp beta version, and then reinstall the public build.
Leave WhatsApp beta via Google Play:
- Open Goole Play, and search for WhatsApp.
- When you open the app page, the title should say “WhatsApp Messenger (Beta)”, with a line below it that reads: “You’re a beta tester for this app. Awesome!”
- If that’s not the case, you aren’t signed up to the beta.
- Search for “You’re a beta tester” panel.
- Touch the button that says “Leave”. It will ask you to confirm, so choose “Leave” again.
- Uninstall the current beta version of WhatsApp, and then reinstall the public build.
You can leave the WhatsApp Beta testing program at any time. If you leave the testing program and a public version of the app is available, you can switch to the public version by uninstalling the testing version and installing the app again on Google Play.