Updated on 1st Mar: WhatsApp Messenger is one of the most popular chatting apps with help of which you can share whatever you want to with those people who are in your contact list and using the app. It allows you to chat one on one, create groups in which you can have 100 members and also broadcast your messages to other people by creating a broadcast list in which you can add the number of members you want.
It doesn’t charge for any SMS and it’s a free service for the lifetime. WhatsApp gets operated over the internet to chat with other people. It works on (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) and is easy to operate, without paying additional charges for the content you are sharing. You can share images, videos, share your own location, audio and contact file with the ones you want to.
- NO FEES: App uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use application.
- MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
- FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they’re in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through the app).
- GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
- WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser.
- NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
- SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone’s existing address book.
- ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With this app, you’re always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether you’re logged in or logged out.
- QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there’s no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
- OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, it will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
- AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, Email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
What’s New in WhatsApp
- You can once again set a text-only update in your profile and it’s called About. Tap Settings and then your profile name to edit it.
- Search for the perfect animated GIF right from within WhatsApp. Tap the emoji button in a chat and then tap GIF at the bottom of the emoji panel to get started.